Grow IARSA Grow Your Reward.
When we come together as a community working together to advance education research, our profession has strength and impact. As an IARSA member, you are an important part of a thriving community of researchers who are working together to benefit society and improve lives. In support of this mission, we invite you to participate in the IARSA Membership Referral Program.
When we work together as one, we are stronger together. When you share the value of IARSA with your friends and colleagues you are helping to make our community of education research stronger and more vibrant. When you combine your network with IARSA’s, you are making a positive contribution to advancing education research and the future of research worldwide.
Referring IARSA to a friend is easy.
Refer a colleague so we can strengthen our ability to work together in advancing the education research and the profession.
Share. Let your colleagues know how you advance your career with information from IARSA’s publications and newsletters, by gaining leadership skills and giving back through volunteer opportunities, and being able to connect and collaborate with education research professionals from around the world… and that they can do the same thing!
Refer. Have them include you as the referring member on their application when they join IFT and you will be entered to win a free annual membership.
Need some help in sharing IARSA with your colleagues?
We have tools and resources you can use when you talk about IARSA, including reasons people join IARSA and templated messages you can send to share the benefits of IARSA membership.
Tips and Tools
1. Who is a prospective member?
- Friends who are interested in IARSA
- Colleagues in education and research professions
- Scholars and research professionals looking for career advancement
- Members of research institutes or associations
- Non-members who attend section meetings
- Students writing their research project/theses/dissertation
- Contact prospective members directly by sending them an email inviting them to the join IARSA (see below for an example). Below we also provide the top 10 reasons science of food professionals join IARSA, which you can use in conversation with your colleagues. Sometimes just asking a colleague or friend to join is all it takes.
2. Know the benefits
Be familiar with the many IARSA membership types and benefits. IARSA is the catalyst for international researchers and scholars – from the latest food trend information, discounts on educational programming, to opportunities for professional interaction… IARSA is your corporation, and who better to explain the benefits than you, one of our dedicated members.
3. Explain to prospective members how to join IARSA
- Email prospective members a membership referral application (PDF) or the student membership referral application (PDF). Be sure they write your name in the “Referred by” space at the top of the form.
- Assist prospective members with submitting their membership referral application.
- Let prospective members know that they can easily join online and add your name on the “Referred by” section.
4. Show your enthusiasm
Show your enthusiasm by sharing first-hand accounts of how your membership in IARSA has been a rewarding experience. Prospective members will be much more likely to join if they can relate to how you have benefited from membership.
5. Send them to iarsac.org
Show prospective members the value of IARSA membership by sending them to www.iarsa.info. The website contains valuable information about IARSA and our member benefits.
Following up with prospective members is just as important as your initial contact. Call them, email them, send a letter, or drop by to see if they have joined and answer questions they may have. Sample email and letter messages are provided below.
7. Thank them
Send a note or email thanking the prospective member for considering membership in IARSA. The more contact they have with you, a current IARSA member, the more likely they will be to join and stay involved!
Reasons People Join IARSA Talking Points
Share these fun reasons to join IARSA:
- It is the place for professional connection, collaboration, and networking, both in person and online
- Opportunities on timely education research topics, available 24/7 online or in person
- Receive a free subscription to IARSA International Education Research Journal publication and newsletters
- Advance your professional knowledge and gain an edge on your colleagues with information on the latest trends and research
- Give back and support the future of research through meaningful volunteer and leadership opportunities
- Receive registration discounts to the IARSA annual event and professional development training, seminars and workshops
- Stay abreast of regulatory and public policy changes, and understand the impact on both your organization and the industry
- Maintain your professional contacts 24/7 through IARSA’s online community and membership directory