The core values of IARSA include:
- Commitment, flexibility, diversity, timeliness, zero discrimination, quality in every step and global thinking;
- Promotion of excellence and innovation in interdisciplinary scientific research, public policy initiatives, and education of the public.
- Value collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting data ethically and clearly.
- Value working collaboratively with all education partners, research institutions and organizations.
- Value working together as a professional learning community.
- Value evidence-based approaches for establishing policy, decision making and implementing practices.
- Value engaging in timely, public conversations on research and administrative issues.