EDUCATION SUPPORT – INTEGRATION AIDE / TEACHER AIDE (ES)
To Support students with additional learning needs in primary, secondary and specialist settings.
This programme will equip you with the skills and knowledge to support students who have additional learning needs to access the curriculum.
• Historical and current perspectives on educating students with additional learning needs
• The roles, responsibilities and work conditions of Education Support Staff – Integration Aides/Teacher Aides and an understanding of the process of seeking and applying for employment in schools
• Understanding individual learning styles
• Working as part of a team with students, families and staff members
• Understanding and supporting the learning needs of students with:
o Intellectual disabilities
o Learning disabilities
o Autism Spectrum Disorder
o Physical disabilities
o Communication difficulties
o Sensory impairment
o Challenging behaviours
• Teaching and Learning
• Engaging students in learning; Stages of Learning
• Curriculum and the development of Individual Learning Plans.
Course length (2-day)
Cost for 2018/2019
$200 full fee
$150 concession fee for IARSA members