The Conference Committee is responsible for planning and executing all aspects of the Annual IARSA Conference and all other conferences organized by the Association.
Committee Members shall work to assist in various aspects of the conference including:
• Developing and confirming the curriculum programme
• Recruiting speakers and volunteers
• Creating written working session titles and descriptions, if necessary
• Scheduling sessions throughout the Schedule at a Glance
• Participating in conference calls
• Various tasks throughout the conferences
Terms of Reference
1. Programmes Planning
• In collaboration with the Governing Council, develop programme goals, topics of interest, and programme types
• Review deadlines and application process for Call for Programmes
• Design, promote and coordinate the Call for Programmes process by communicating in a timely manner with all potential programme presenters
• Provide feedback to presenters as needed to make presentations the best they can be
2. Conference Venue:
• Ensure selection of a suitable venue using identified criteria for conference, including exhibition space.
• Book the agreed venue
• Inform the Finance Committee of expected costs and payments that need to be made
• Ongoing liaison with venue regarding catering, numbers, special requirements
• Plan, organize and secure curriculum, presenters, and materials for the pre-conference programme
• Organize participant materials
• Work with the Publications and Research Committee to publish any and all communication to members about the pre-conference.
• Run and support all pre-conference day-of activities.
4. Conference programme:
• Be responsible for finalising the conference programme
• Liaise with members and others to identify potential speakers
• Contact possible speakers
• Agree the final programme with committee members
• Provide confirmed speakers with
o agreed topic/title of presentation
o time and date of presentation
o acceptable expenses
• Ensure session chairs have a biog for the introduction of each speaker
• Ensure all speakers are met and greeted by a nominated person
• Ensure any workshops have the equipment and space required
• Nominate session chairs
5. Conference packs/delegate materials:
• Plan the content of conference delegate materials
• Manage the printing/collating of packs/material in collaboration with secretariat
6. Liaise with Financial Committee:
• Prepare forecast budget for the conference which must be signed off by the Treasurer
• Liaise on all financial matters and provide regular updates
• All pending costs must be agreed by Treasurer before being incurred
• Prepare a conference financial report after conference
7. Awards Selection:
• Review deadlines and nomination process for Call for Awards
• Design, promote and coordinate the Call for Awards process and update award nomination forms
• Oversee the Awards Selection Committee volunteers, and manage the award submission and review process
• Order awards and coordinate the awards dinner at the conference
• Present awards to all recipients.
• Coordinates and conducts assessments of all conferences and programmes to ensure quality and track satisfaction and improvement
• Prepares report for IARSA members and conference attendees.
• Coordinate the participant welcome/check-in packet and participant gift;
• Coordinate information resources for local attractions, restaurants, and activities for participants;
• Coordinate information on parking, shuttles, and public transportation options;
• In collaboration with IARSA staff, coordinate any off-site events, receptions and meals and
• Coordinate informal group meals during unplanned times to ensure participants have someone to eat with.
10. Volunteers and Recognition:
• Coordinate the recruitment, training, supervision, and recognition of conference volunteers
• Assign volunteers to on-site conference duties, including on-site registration, local arrangements information table, etc.
• Secure and prepare gifts for keynote speaker, guest speakers, and presenters.
11. Strategic Partnerships:
• In collaboration with Governing Council works to secure partnerships and sponsorships for the Annual International Conference and all other conferences organized by IARSA.
• Works closely with other committees to create exciting, welcoming environment for vendors, partner associations, associate members, and guests.
12. Marketing/ Social Media:
• In collaboration with the secretariat, develop a marketing plan and timeline for Call for Registration, Call for Programmes, Call for Awards, and other conference announcements
• Create a social media calendar to post and promote the conference activities with the goal of getting members excited about and registered for the conference
• Create and promote the IARSA conference on all social media accounts.
• Co-ordinate the development of marketing flyers and other material for conference
• Co-ordinate conference advertising in all media
• Liaise with the secretariat regarding bookings before bookings are opened and regularly during the booking period
• Create spread sheet for delegate contact, requirements, workshops choices etc
• Ensure feedback is obtained for venue and speakers
• Prepare a feedback report for committee
Conference Committee Members
1. Prof Godwin Onu, mni, Chairman
2. Prof Tijani Abubakar, Vice Chairman
3. Dr. Babatunde Akinsanya, Secretary
4. Dr Haroun Ajah, Member
5. Dr Steve Bilshakka Fitka, Member
6. Mr. Isaac A. Akinmoladun, Member
7. Dr. Syed Mohammed Tahir (Dubai, UAE), Member
8. Prof. Akin B. Ogunsakin, Member
9. Alhaji IDRIS, Nurudeen Adesina, Member