It’s important to note that the CONNECT discussion List provided by IARSA is a different service than this website. When you register as a member of IARSA on this website, we manually set up an account for you on the CONNECT Listserv. If you change your e-mail on this website, you must change your own e-mail on the CONNECT Listserv: it is not automatically changed for you.
In addition, there are a number of user preference settings that you can access via the CONNECT List control panel. For instance, if you want to change your settings to MAIL/NO MAIL or DIGEST, you can access and change all the settings on your own account in the CONNECT List by visiting the LISTSERV website and logging in:
Your CONNECT List Individual Subscription Page email@example.com
If you have forgotten your CONNECT password (different from this website), you can get it emailed to you by clicking Request Password, under the login box. Then add your email address in the boxes that appear to the RIGHT. The system will send you a password. You can change that password after you login by clicking on Preferences. Enter a new password and click Submit. PLEASE NOTE: List administrators and Moderators cannot retreive your password for you.
To enter your Control Panel for the CONNECT list, click “connect” under the login box on the left.
In your CONNECT Control Panel, you will see the following headings in the left column.
Preferences – change your email address and/or password
Subscriber Options – change your List mail delivery options
Unsubscribe – leave the List
Rules and Guidelines
• Violating antitrust regulations, libeling others, selling, and marketing are not allowed.
• Do not collect names or email addresses to be used for contacting any list subscriber outside of the list server.
• Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention.
• Do not send repetitive messages. The cyberspace term for this unacceptable practice is spamming.
• All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
• Do not post anything in a message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
• Send messages only to the most appropriate list(s)
• Exercise professional judgment in your comments.
• Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address
• State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
• Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from
• In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the IARSA’s attention, the Association will take appropriate action and the Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user or list manager who does not abide by these guidelines.